Our requirements & expectations
What we require
In order to provide high-quality childcare, we have a few requirements about who can register with us. Please read through our requirements (before you apply) to see if you have the following:
- Age over 20
- Swedish citizenship, with either;
- Pre-school teacher degree/förskollärarexamen/fritidspedagogexamen (University level)
- Child minder (nursery nurse) qualification/barnskötarutbildning (upper secondary school level)
- Other formal teacher degree (primary school teacher/grundskollärare, or equivalent/eller liknande)
- Or extensive experience in working with children in pre-school or as a nanny. By extensive we mean a minimum of 3 years of professional work with children. Please contact us for further questions regarding this. Please note that occasional babysitting will not be enough experience.
What we expect
The Swedish Nanny Company has got high expectations of our Nanny Educators, since our families with their children have got high expectations of us! But it’s only a good thing; with high expectations comes high quality!
We expect our Nanny Educators to:
- be proud of their chosen profession!
- have a high work ethic
- at all times have the child’s best at heart
- be responsive to the child’s needs and big thoughts
- enjoy being active in the interaction with the child
- be able to see the world through a toddler’s eyes, and wanting to share the excitement of exploring!
- wanting to have a dialogue with the child, and being able to see the charm in the word WHY?
- promote play, creativity and enjoyment of learning, as well as focus on and strengthening the child’s interest in learning and capturing new experiences
- be keen on developing the child’s emotional, intellectual and physical needs all at once (and to have the right knowledge to do so)
- create clear boundaries for the child and emphasize the importance of mutual respect
- be a positive role model who practice what you teach!
- understand the importance of a good working relationship with the parents, and actively pursuing a fruitful communication in the family’s household.
- wanting to commit to at least one year of employment, preferably longer.
If you think you have the right qualifications and experience, and believe that we share the same values and childcare approach – we would love to hear from you! Please do not hesitate to send us your CV or contact us by using our contact form.
Please do contact us if you have any questions. We are always here to help and we look forward to hearing from you!